Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
December 18, 2012
Image Size
72.0 KB
Resolution
900×643
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
2,725 (1 today)
Favourites
86 (who?)
Comments
173
Downloads
19

Camera Data

Make
Canon
Model
Canon PowerShot A3300 IS
Shutter Speed
1/25 second
Aperture
F/2.8
Focal Length
5 mm
ISO Speed
400
Date Taken
Dec 18, 2012, 6:01:37 AM
Software
Free Opener v0.85
Sensor Size
6mm
×
Quiver Finished Loaded Open Resize by sgainbrachta Quiver Finished Loaded Open Resize by sgainbrachta
The quiver in the open position, with 5 shafts I fletched.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconnippip:
Nippip Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
that's so awesome I admire your talent!
Reply
:iconsgainbrachta:
sgainbrachta Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Thank you! You're no slouch, yourself!
Reply
:iconnippip:
Nippip Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
:D
Reply
:iconsgainbrachta:
sgainbrachta Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
So- whatcha workin' on now?
Reply
:iconnippip:
Nippip Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
I just started making my next hobbit cosplay, Bilbo! I guess I have a thing for hobbits ...
Reply
:iconsgainbrachta:
sgainbrachta Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
It's the feet, isn't it? Chicks dig the the big feet.

;-)
Reply
:iconnippip:
Nippip Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013
Thank you
Reply
:iconsgainbrachta:
sgainbrachta Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
Which were you going to do- hobbit or LOTR Bilbo?
Reply
(2 Replies)
:iconemmafloflo:
emmafloflo Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
how did you make this?
Reply
:iconsgainbrachta:
sgainbrachta Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Well, if you see the other pictures of it flat, I basically cut the pattern out, and played with it until the shape in a full-sized piece of paper worked and looked about right. Then I checked that against the size of the arrow shafts (arrows weren't done yet~). Next, I made a paper pattern for the double-thick parts, the details on the front, and cut them out, they were glued to the other piece after I dyed them the right color, then I stitched them to the flat quiver body, as far around as I dared (not far enough... more on that later~). The inside has a second layer of leather, to stiffen the whole thing up a bit, so it was again patterned in paper. BTW- the pattern paper I usually use is grocery bags, whhich I cut up and then use a clothes iron to flatten. Use steam- they flatten out great!. The next step was to sew the extra leather piece in on one side, then- this part sucked... sew it closed- which was done half of the time from the inside. Finally, I sewed the bottom closed- and it is sewn together flat, with no pieces in between the front and back. The straps were made extra long, and attach on the back by a leather thong, so it can be adjusted. The buckle is a bit more complex- if you don't have a welding set-up, it would be pretty hard to do... I have another hanging set-up, for hanging the quiver from a belt that I have yet to finish, but will post as soon as it's done.
Reply
Add a Comment: